Sigmoid Model Explorer
Sigmoid Model Explorer (SME) is a Graphical User Interface of the
Sigmoid Project. It is a front end that provides access to the web services of the pathway
databases and Cellerator, the module responsible for simulations.
Some of SME's features are:
- Query and retrieval of Cellerator
Models in Sigmoid Database via web service
- Graphical view of Cellerator
Models with customizable icons
- Custom selection and editing of model parameters
- Remote simulation of customized models in Cellerator
via web service
SME as well as all the others modules of the Sigmoid project is open
source. The development efforts of our team are supported by the project
management software provided by sourceforge.net.
If you are interested in:
- internal details of Sigmoid implementation you should
which is the development website hosting all of the Sigmoid source
- using SME, the next section of the web page provides directions
on how to install and use SME
How to Install SME
SME was tested on Windows, Linux, and MacOS X. Ideally, it should
run on any platform that has Java 1.4 or better installed.
If you don't have Java 1.4+ installed or if your Java Virtual Machine
is older than 1.4, you can download it for free from http://java.sun.com/j2se/.
You can download either J2SE Development Kit (JDK) or J2SE Java Runtime
Environment (JRE). JDK incudes JRE and, therefore, is considerably
bigger. SME does not need extra functionality provided by JDK.
Current version is 1.8.
There are two ways to start SME:
- you can download a zip file (click
here), uncompress it, and start SME
you can launch the application via WebStart, for that you
need only to click HERE:
- for Windows users: unzip the file (you can use Winzip
for that), open the SME folder and click on sme.jar;
- for Linux users: unzip the file to the disk (you can use unzip
command for that), in a command prompt switch to the SME folder,
and type "java -jar sme.jar";
- for MaxOS X users: unzip the file, open the SME folder, and
click on sme.jar;
,no other configuration is necessary. WebStart will download all
the needed files and will start the application for you.
How to use SME
The tutorial on how to use SME will be published soon.
Statistics of Sigmoid Web Services
Check out the usage statistics of Sigmoid web services
Go to top of Page